Saturday, August 13, 2011

I Asked You For Life - Kim Walker


This song is great.  It speaks of the kind of love god has for us.  With Kim Walker's Collaboration with Jesus Culture in Rooftops a lot of the songs being sung in Christian churches nowadays have somehow come from her or with her participation!

I Asked You For Life 
Kim Walker
Source: 6lyrics.com

Verse 1:
I asked You for life, and You sent your son to die for me.
I asked You for hope, You came in the night and gave me a dream.
I asked You for freedom, You broke every chain and gave me the keys.
I asked You for love never-ending and every day You surround me!

Pre-Chorus:
And now my faith in You is a mountain that can't be shaken,
Now my strength is found in You, it is joy that can't be taken!

Chorus:
Praise spills from my lips, flowing onto the feet of You, my King.
You deserve all the love and all the honor that I can bring!

Bridge:
Here is my song, here is my heart, here is my love, all for You, Jesus!

Chorus 2:
Holy, Holy, only You are worthy!

(CD: V1, Pre, C1, V1, Pre, C1 x2, Bridge x4, C2 x4, C1, C2 x4)

From the first line of the song, it already tugs at your heart's strings.  The reminder that Jesus Christ died for us to give us hope and freedom, by loving us is well captured in the first verse.
I wouldn't really say that my faith is like a mountain that cannot be shaken, I'd like to think that it is God's faithfulness and love that is stronger than a mountain that cannot be shaken!  And that is the reason why I my faith looks so strong, because God makes it so.
That is also the reason why praise just spills out of my mouth because my heat and soul is just overflowing with honor, love and worship for the Lord!  It just flows out, it is not forced.  The description is very accurate.  Couldn't have thought of a more apt description for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

User's Manual

Sometime back, my son asked me to fix his lego, I fixed it so many times that I thought I could do it without the manual. After going throu...