Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Lord I Believe In You - Tommy Walker and C.A. Worship Band

Lord I Believe in You - Tommy Walker

Talking about Kim Walker reminded me of Tommy Walker and the praise and worship songs he made popular.  The one that comes to mind immediately is Lord I Believe in You.  When I was looking for it on the internet, it appeared that Crystal Lewis' version was more prominent and popular.  That may be because Crystal Lewis' version is more contemporary as compared to Tommy Walker's version which was really more praise and worship.

Lord I Believe in You - Crystal Lewis


Lord, I Believe in You
Tommy Walker and C.A. Worship Band

Am                   E                      Am
Though I can’t see Your Holy Face

         F                                     C                         G
And Your throne in Heaven above, it seems so far away

F                         E                                    E7               Am
Though I can’t touch, can’t touch Your nail scarred hands

               F                          C                              G
I have a deep unspeakable joy, that makes my faith to stand.


(Chorus)
  G        C                      F                     C                      F
Lord, I believe in You,        I’ll always believe in You

                          F                           Fm
Though I can’t see You with my eyes

                      C                                 F
Deep in my heart, Your presence I find

             C                      F                              C                  F
Lord, I believe in You,      and I’ll keep my trust in You

                           F                            Fm
Let this whole world say what they may

                   C                    G                  Am                  F  Am
No one can take this joy away. Lord I believe in You.


Am               E                                                   Am
Born from above, You are God’s only chosen one

                 F                              C                       G
You’re the one and only true way, way to the Father’s heart

F                       E                      E7                         Am
You died for all sin, then You rose and now live again

                     F                   C                    G
Conquering death and the grave, so that I might live.


No matter whose version you like better, it does not change the fact that this is a great praise and worship song.  One that magnifies what Jesus Christ has done for us and why we believe.

It serves to remind us that though that we had good songs in the past which brought about this renaissance in Christian Music through Hillsong, Israel Houghton, Kim Walker and others.

If you like these songs, you may also want to check these from Amazon.com

Lord, I Believe In YouI Have A Hope
Plain and SimpleBeauty For Ashes
Fearless

No comments:

Post a Comment

User's Manual

Sometime back, my son asked me to fix his lego, I fixed it so many times that I thought I could do it without the manual. After going throu...