Monday, August 1, 2011

Desert Song (Hillsong)

When I first heard the title of the song Desert Song by Hillsong I remember thinking about Sting's Desert Rose.  But when I heard the song I was amazed.  It was a very good song.  If you haven't heard it before, here is the song on youtube.


The song is just awesome and inspiring.

Desert Song
by: Hillsong
from: lyricsmode.com

Verse 1:
This is my prayer in the desert
And all that's within me feels dry
This is my prayer in my hunger and need
My God is the God who provides

Verse 2:
And this is my prayer in the fire
In weakness or trial or pain
There is a faith proved
Of more worth than gold
So refine me Lord through the flames

Chorus:
And I will bring praise
I will bring praise
No weapon formed against me shall remain
I will rejoice
I will declare
God is my victory and He is here

Verse 3:
And this is my prayer in the battle
When triumph is still on it's way
I am a conqueror and co-heir with Christ
So firm on His promise I'll stand

Bridge:
All of my life
In every season
You are still God
I have a reason to sing
I have a reason to worship

Verse 4:
This is my prayer in the harvest
When favor and providence flow
I know I'm filled to be emptied again
The seed I've recieved I will sow


The part that I like the most is the bridge.  In every season of our lives, no matter what we are going through, the bad, the good, especially the best and even in the worst we always have a reason to sing and worship the Lord.


Hillsong just makes beautiful worship song and this one in particular has become my anthem.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

User's Manual

Sometime back, my son asked me to fix his lego, I fixed it so many times that I thought I could do it without the manual. After going throu...