Wednesday, August 14, 2019

No Interruptions

If you have gone through this blog, you would realise quickly how important praise and worship is for me.  I believe it is the most important part of Sunday Service because it is the time when we give back to God with all that we have.  We pour our hearts out to god and let our spirit speak and for with the Holy Spirit in worship.  That is why when an amazing worship session is interrupted it really bothers be and it makes me think what the church leaders are doing.  if we can go with the flow for the entire service, there would be no need for preaching!!!

I have visited different churches in the area where I am and I find that there is always a Pastor or church leader that disrupt the flow of worship and frankly I can not understand it.  It is either a Pastor or leader who wants to exhort the church in worship, asking the community to pray for the needs of the community, collecting tithes and offerings in the middle, or having people speak testimonies.  The problem with these is that they are all programmed interruptions, and these interruptions are actually destroying the flow of worship.

I understand the idea behind  these interruptions, tithes and offerings are also a form of worship, it allows us to show our obediences through our finances.  Testimonies are a way to acknowledge the work that God has done in our lives. Exhortation is supposed to allow flow of Spirit to be smoother during praise and worship.  Praying in the midst of worship is, I believe the most effective way to pray, but not in communal worship UNLESS the flow of the Spirit calls you to pray.

Some even take this time to train speakers, which I believe is the worst idea.  The purpose is admirable, but the negative impact to the greater whole is tremendous.

The ideas are all meant to help the church, but it ends up disrupting worship.  While it should not be so easy to disrupt the flow of the spirit, human focus however is easily disrupted and honestly when the flow of worship is disrupted it is very easy for minds to drift somewhere else making it difficult for most of the community to get back into the flow.

This has even gone to the point where Praise and Prayer night is interrupted regularly DESPITE the fact that the flow of the Spirit is amazing. And it just kills the flow.

There are times to exhort the community when the flow of the Spirit is somehow stifled or blocked, bu when the flow of the spirit is smooth and worship is flowing like the stream, doing nothing is the best the church leaders can do.  Go with the flow.  NO Interruptions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

User's Manual

Sometime back, my son asked me to fix his lego, I fixed it so many times that I thought I could do it without the manual. After going throu...