Thursday, August 1, 2019

In writing this post, I first began with a working title "Why me?" But as I started writing what I wanted to communicate, I began to ask myself, why is my outlook in life so pessimistic recently?  And it just made a mess out of everything out of what I have already written and with that, the train of thought just vanished.  I realised that every time I asked myself the question "Why me?" were the times were I felt so stressed and felt like I was facing unsurmountable mountains.  It felt like giants are blocking my way.  Most times, I was just making mountains out of mole hills.

Then I realised, that in those times, I got through it because I believed my God is bigger than the mountain and the giants.  I always remember the verse:

"Truly I tell you, if anyone says to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and does not doubt in their heart but believes that what they say will happen, it will be done for them"

That is Mark 11:23.  The Bible is full of guidance.  I remember my mom say in the past, read the Bible, though you can't memorize everything, you will remember what you need to when the time comes.

So read your Bible. You don't have to memorize.  Just understand it and you will know how much God loves you and what he has planned for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

User's Manual

Sometime back, my son asked me to fix his lego, I fixed it so many times that I thought I could do it without the manual. After going throu...