Sunday, June 24, 2012

There is None Like You - Hillsong and Michael W. Smith

As I searched the internet for familiar songs that used to be sung in Christian and Charismatic gatherings in the past, I came across this familiar refrain by Michael W. Smith.

Michael W. Smith - There is None Like You

And as I also found a version by Hillsong, which had an additional verse to the familiar refrain.  I do really know whether the Hillsong verse is an addition or part of the original, I just know that it makes a lot of sense and flows easily into the song.

Hillsong - There is None Like You

There is None Like You
by: Hillsong
Chords by: Ultimate Guitar
Aternative Chords by: Shane Bernard via E-Chords


Em  C  G   D7sus4  D

G         D         C    G
 There is none like You
C        G                Am7            Dsus4  D
 No one else can touch my heart like You do
G       D               G         C
I could search for all eternity long and find
G        D         G
There is none like You
(repeat at your own choice)

     Cmaj7    C          G       Em7
Your mercy flows like a river wide
    Am7     D                G
And healing comes from Your hands
Cmaj7        C          G             Em7
Suffering children are safe in Your arms
Am7        C         D















     There is none like You

The refrain is just amazing.  Indeed there is no one like our God, the way he loves us and touches our hearts is just incomparable.  Men have been searching for an alternative to God since time immemorial, unfortunately there is no alternative.  Fortunately for Christians, we know that that whole in hearts can never be filled by earthly things, it can only be filled by God.

That hole in our beings that constantly need to be filled is shaped like Jesus, when he died on the cross and resurrected, after the third day he provided the exact matching piece to patch up the hole in our heart, all we needed to do was believe and receive him as our personal Lord and Savior.

Knowing about him, about Christ and God is not enough.  For it is written in Roman 6:23 "For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord."

Without Jesus Christ, we all fall and sink into the holes in our being, but by the suffering, death and resurrection of Christ he has brought us Salvation.  However, we must believe!  For there is none like Christ, no one else can touch us the way he does, and there is no alternative or replacement for his presence in our lives.

There is a big and wide difference between knowing Jesus Christ, and knowing something about Him.

For instance, you know your father, mother, brother or sister.  You could also know your best friend more than your family.  But do you know LeBron James, Dwayne Wade, Kevin Durant, Chris Bosh, Russel Westbrook or James Harden?  I picked them in random (?) because they are all over the news this week and I am an NBA fan.  And despite being a fan and reading all the articles written by so-called NBA and ESPN insiders, I could honestly say that I do not know any of these guys.

Sure I know about them, I've read almost every article written about them these past 2 years and more.  But I don't know them in an intimate way, in a personal way.  There is a difference.

And if you are reading this post and per chance you know any of these guys personally, please send out by congratulations for a well played NBA finals, and Congratulations to the Miami Heat for winning the 2012 NBA Championship. (If you could also send me a signed game jersey or pair of sneakers, that would be awesome! *SMILE*).

So getting back to the point, if you know of these guys personally, think of celebrity you know of but don't know personally, it is easy to do so, think of Elvis Presley for instance, you know he was a great musician and performer, but do you know what he does before he sleeps?  What he does when he sleeps and how e goes about his personal routine?

I hope you now see the difference, and I also pray that you continue to seek the Lord for it is written in James 4:8 "Draw near to God and He will draw near to you."

If you you have any comments you want to discuss or suggestions, don't hesitate to drop one below.

PS:  While posting the two videos, I also saw one by Don Moen and Lenny LeBlanc so I'm posting it below.

 Don Moen and Lenny LeBlanc - There is None Like You

1 comment:

  1. Halleluyah. You are right. The whole world needs Jesus Christ right now. Stop thinking we are smart enough to save ourselves. Fortunately, we still have Jesus. Thank God for loving us all these years.

    ReplyDelete

User's Manual

Sometime back, my son asked me to fix his lego, I fixed it so many times that I thought I could do it without the manual. After going throu...