Friday, June 22, 2012

Only A God Like You - Tommy Walker


I have not heard this song for quite some time even though it is on my praise and worship play list.  One of Tommy Walker's first songs, which was actually what led me to know more of his songs.  So when I saw a rendition of this song on my FaceBook Newsfeed by Wale Adenuga and Kunle Fadahunsi, it brought me back to my first days as a Christian and remembered the thirst I had for the presence of the Lord.  It was, in a word, nostalgic.

For those that have not heard this version, I included it in this post as well, you may want to give it a try.


Only A God Like You
By: Tommy Walker
Chords by: Ultimate Guitar
Alternative Chord by: Higher Praise


Intro
  G  D  Em  C
VERSE 1
G                   D          Em           C
For the praises of man, I will never ever stand
        G                 D                 C2
For the kingdoms of this world I'll never give my heart away
     Dsus4    D
Or shout my praise
      G               D                 Em             C
My allegiance and devotion, my heart's desire and all emotion
      G                    D              C2  Dsus4 D
Go to serve the Man Who died upon that tree
CHORUS
G                D  Bm7       Em7
Only a God like you   could be worthy of my praise
    C
And all my hope and faith
   G                 D    Bm7    Em7
To only a King of all Kings  do I bow my knee and sing
  C
Give my everything

  Am7        G/B     C         Em7
To only my maker my Father my Savior
  Am7        G/B     C         Em7
Redeemer Restorer Rebuilder Rewarder
   Am7              Dsus4   D            G  D  Em  C
To only a God like You, do I give my praise
VERSE 2
G                D
Only the God Who left His throne above
           Em                       C
He came to live with us, came to be one of us
   G                           D
To only the One Who stopped to heal that blind man
        Em7                C
Took the time to save that one lost lamb
G                              D
To only the King Who wore that crown of thorns
B7(b9) Em                C
So I     could wear the crown of life
       G                          D
And to only the One Who conquered sin and death
            Em                       C2
So we could be set free, so we could stand here and sing
BRIDGE
G
Only a God like You.  Only a God Like You

Only a God Like you
(Repeat 3 times)
  Am7        G/B     C         Em7
To only my maker my Father my Savior
  Am7        G/B     C         Em7
Redeemer Restorer Rebuilder Rewarder
   Am7              Dsus4   D            G  D  Em  C
            To only a God like You, do I give my praise

This song helps to keep me firm in my belief and faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.  For indeed there is no other God like our God.

God the Father gave everything for us, even the begotten Son, which is Christ, to save us from our sins.  For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God (Romans 3:23), but through we are made perfect through Christ Jesus (Colossians 1:28) when Christ died on the cross he conquered sin and death and gave us life.

This was the perfect song for me then, and I can still relate to it fully now.  Such a great song to sing to our God!

No comments:

Post a Comment

User's Manual

Sometime back, my son asked me to fix his lego, I fixed it so many times that I thought I could do it without the manual. After going throu...